- Harassment for the Purpose of Preventing or Detecting Crime: Hayes v. Willoughby  UKSC 17
- A Secondary Psychiatric Victim of a Delayed Crisis: Taylor v. A. Novo Ltd  EWCA Civ 194
- Vicarious Liability for Sexual Abuse – The Supreme Court Clarifies Three Key Points
- Negligence of the Ministry of Defence in the Procurement of Equipment and the Training of Military Personnel.
- Torts Section – Society of Legal Scholars – Bristol
Author Archives: tortox
“Harassment“ is, according to Lord Sumption (with whom Lord Neuberger and Lord Wilson agreed), “an ordinary English word with a well understood meaning”, which is, he continues, “a persistent and deliberate course of unreasonable and oppressive conduct, targeted at another … Continue reading
In Taylor v. A. Novo Ltd  EWCA Civ 194, the claimant, Ms Crystal Taylor, developed post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) after witnessing her mother’s sudden collapse and death as a result of deep vein thrombosis and consequent pulmonary emboli (blood … Continue reading
The Catholic Welfare Society v Various Claimants (FC)  UKSC 56 (This post attempts to summarise the main points of decision in the case. It does not offer an evaluation of the decision.) In this case the Supreme … Continue reading
Negligence of the Ministry of Defence in the Procurement of Equipment and the Training of Military Personnel.
Smith v Ministry of Defence; Redpath v Ministry of Defence; Ellis v Ministry of Defence; Ministry of Defence v Albutt, Twiddy and Julien  EWCA Civ 1365 This note discusses two groups of claims which have been brought against the … Continue reading
I am in Bristol to speak in the Torts Section at the Society of Legal Scholars Annual Conference. I’m still not quite sure what I’ll include in my presentation … But the rest of the line-up for the next two … Continue reading
Nick and I have sent some updates to the publishers – so they should be up on the book’s website soon. (If anyone is really impatient, then please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, and explain why you need a copy … Continue reading